Research and Development interests
Apart from the normal duties of an IS-, IT- and ICT-auditor and -consultant,
Jurgen also has secondary activities, mostly related to internal management
chores including management and control of auditing and consultancy projects,
exposure and service development.
But then, there's interesting things, worthwhile digging into, also. Like:
If you then think one cannot have enough time to develop insight on all of these
topics, you're .. well, maybe not effective at it yourself. We have found no
shortage of bright moments to extract the essence from the humdrum information overload on
the subjects mentioned above, and one precisely knows to have found the essence when it turns
out that after such moments one has little more than a few sentences left to write on a subject.
- Biometrics. A white paper (in Dutch) on that can be
viewed here, or downloaded. As it goes with white papers, any
comments and additions are welcomed and will, if applicable, be responded to. Two copies of articles in PDF format (in Dutch, pick up the Acrobat reader from Adobe if you haven't got it already),
from the Automatisering Gids of last year on biometrics in general
(an excerpt from the white paper with some additions), and from the IT Beheer Jaarboek (... forthcoming so no PDF yet, another excerpt-plus).
Additionally, you might want to have a look at some Powerpoint slides
of a presentation I gave. Not too satisfying as for glitz and completeness of content
(but hey, it had to fit in with a list of others presenting on biometrics) as I'd wished, and
you might want to come back in a few months time to find other, maybe flashier slides here.
- eVal, a shortlist of my reviews of the Next Next Things
in the eBusiness and personal web effectiveness spheres, with:
- ItsABummer: something like on the links page
but now oriented to web sites, businesses or tech items we think will not make it big-time,
- ShouldCheckTheseOut: something like Webtools,
but now also representing European web sites, and our own experience with featured tools.
- CobiT. Especially, the deployment of CobiT as audit and consultancy
guidelines and structure. If you're unfamiliar with CobiT, you might want to
jump to the ISACA site that has lots of info on that, downloadable and all.
If you know already what CobiT is about, why not help a collegue and
of what you encountered using CobiT in practice.
- Trusted, or rather, trustworthy eBusiness applications. All about what it
takes to make, deploy, support and manage applications that have the security
and manageability controls built in rather that later added on. There's a lot
that can be written on this subject, and we at ABN AMRO Bank have, but nevertheless on
this also we're of course open for any
contributions, in short note or white paper form...
- On the research and development of new technologies: how to pilot
- ASP X ISP X XML= ..., to be expanded here by means of a separate page (under construction)
- Whither the PC? On how mobile services will back-integrate or not, and what's coming with
Bluetooth and Web-TV (under construction)
- An article on management and control of biometrics-applications (forthcoming)
- An article on three phases of new technology R&D, (forthcoming)
At this point, you may want to check the articles mentioned above for brevity ... ;-(